(Mark Pegrum's From Blogs to Bombs)
From what I've read, it is clearly stated that it is our duty as educators to provide our students with the necessary tools to be able to go through all the information they find on the Web.
I really liked the metaphor used when talking about the technological lens -> "The technological wave will carry us with it". I do believe that no matter what we do, it will carry with us anyway, therefore it is our obligation as digital immigrants and educators to be ready to face it and to take full advantage of it.
Another relevant aspect that I'd like to comment on is the importance of not only listening but also understanding what these digital natives have to offer and teach us, so as to guide them.
All in all, we are responsible for the use our students give to technology.

No comments:
Post a Comment